The Phase 3 Requirements of Participation and PDPM – Are You Ready?
The new Phase 3 Requirements of Participation for Medicare and Medicaid go into effect in November on the heels of the new Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM). These two impactful changes intersect in Compliance and Quality Assurance (QAPI). This session, the sixth in our PDPM series, will discuss the background of these changes, and the challenges skilled nursing facilities face in keeping up with them. Learn the requirements from Phase 3 in these areas, understand the Compliance risk areas for PDPM, and take away potential QAPI activities to help mitigate them.
PDPM Learning Objectives (Recording Timestamps):
- Summarize the Phase 3 Requirements of Participation (ROP) for Compliance and Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI). (6:55)
- Identify areas of Compliance concern under the new Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM). (25:20)
- Apply potential QAPI activities to address potential Compliance risk areas. (56:00)
Jennifer Gross, BSN, RN-BC, RAC-CT, CPHIMS, Senior Healthcare Specialist, PointRight
Pam Kaiser, MSN, RN, Vice President, Provider Services, PointRight
NOTE: CEU credits are provided for live sessions only. On-demand, recorded sessions are provided for educational benefit and do not offer CEU certification.
PointRight Free PDPM Education Series
- Session 1: PDPM – The Basics
- Session 2: Non Therapy Ancillaries (NTA) – Understanding the Facts
- Session 3: ICD-10 Codes and the Drivers of PDPM
- Session 4: Understanding the Section GG ADL Function Scores
- Session 5: PDPM: Financial Moving Parts
- Session 6: The Phase 3 Requirements of Participation and PDPM – Are You Ready? (You Are Here)
- Session 7: PDPM: The Home Stretch