PointRight is the industry leader in providing data-driven analytics and decision support services to healthcare organizations. We offer web-based analytic services that help skilled nursing facilities improve their compliance, financial, clinical, and risk management goals. For more than 20 years, PointRight has helped the long-term care industry make confident decisions. PointRight collaborates with a broad range of companies in healthcare, insurance, and payer groups.
We are seeking a Junior Analyst to work with the PointRight Analytics Team to analyze healthcare industry data and interpret results in support of research initiatives in all segments of our business. The job will entail heavy data management/manipulation, extraction of large data sets from multiple data sources, statistical analysis and modeling.
This is a great opportunity to learn and grow your skills through mentorship with other experienced team members and under close supervision from the VP of Analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring the proper collection, management, and storage of data
- Designing, developing, validating, and programing databases, complex data validation checks, custom reporting systems, and statistical tables to ensure data quality and integrity
- Expanding or modifying existing programs for efficiency and reusability
- Custom model building, training, validation using ML/AI techniques based on industry trends and regulations
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Coordinate with different teams across the company to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop company testing framework and test model quality
- Designing, validating, and generating data reports, listings, and graphs
- Interpreting results to draw conclusions with potential recommendations for additional analyses
- Utilizing R/Python and other software, to provide ad hoc reporting, tables and listings and graphs
- Understanding and following SOP’s and contributing to the development and implementation of Good Programming Practices and procedures
- Accurately documenting programs adhering to the company’s SOPs
- Reviewing/developing project materials, including analysis plans, data operation guidelines, reports, etc.
- Keeping current with programming developments and R/Python technical reports as well as relevant healthcare topics and issues
- Communicating in an accurate and timely status updates to project team and management
- Strong analytic skills and strong deductive reasoning skills
- Excellent R statistical programming skills
- Excellent Python programming skills
- SQL programming skills a plus
- Knowledge of Windows Batch scripting a plus
- Experience with large datasets
- High level Microsoft Office skills
- Experience working independently to assess needs, identify solutions, and create specifications for that solution preferred
- Desire to remain informed of new developments in programming, that are relevant to the industry and the development of tools in R/Python/SQL
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to work both as an individual contributor and as a team member
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in healthcare research desirable
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Biostatistics, Applied Math, Engineering or a related field with experience in R/Python; a combination of experience and education will be considered
Please attach the following when applying: 1) Resume 2) Copy of transcript 3) Cover letter 4) R/Python code sample (solely created by the applicant)
Successful candidates will need to submit at least three reference letters.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
PointRight’s office is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, on the Red Line. We offer a competitive salary and a superior employee benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance and 401(k) plan with a company contribution.