AAPACN 2021 Conference
April 14, 2021 - April 22, 2021
Look for Senior Healthcare Specialist Maria Arellano on the AAPACN Conference agenda.
Wednesday, April 21 @ 2:15pm – Breakout Sessions
4.3 *DNS* NURSE LEADERS AS DATA DETECTIVES
Maria Arellano, MS, RN, RAC-CT, PointRight, Inc.
Nursing facilities generate a lot of data including some that is relevant and valuable, while the rest is just “noise” and can waste precious time by heading down rabbit holes. During this session, the speaker will cover basic statistical principals and data analysis methods to arm nurse leaders with strategies to enhance their investigative skills, become laser focused on uncovering the real data story, and allow them to implement the right corrective action plans for high quality outcomes.
Following this session, you will be able to:
- Describe two different ways to visualize data and the differences between them
- Identify three ways to avoid going down rabbit holes when analyzing their data
- Conduct basis analysis and interpretation of common graphical expression of typical SNF clinical data
- List three different types of metrics or measures used by health care systems
More from Maria Arellano
- 4 SNF Executive Challenges (and Solutions!)
- Early PDPM Numbers Aren’t What SNFs Expected: Problematic?
- PDPM Year 1 – Dive into Your Rate Driver Data