PDPM: Non Therapy Ancillaries (NTA) – Understanding the Facts
October 18, 2018
This session is intended to provide insight and information on the new Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Medicare reimbursement methodology (PDPM) that will go into effect October 2019 (Fiscal Year 2020). This is the second session in our PDPM Education series. We will provide an overview of Non-Therapy Ancillary (NTA) Case Mix component, which accounts for variances in cost of care for residents masked by rehabilitation utilization, as well as identify and discuss the top 50 conditions or services that are the most costly. Focusing on NTA coding of MDS item sets along with utilizing ICD-10 CM codes to determine the resident’s NTA comorbidity and extensive services score will assist in establishing a strategic work plan early to support the development of NTA documentation.
PDPM Learning Objective (Recording Timestamps):
- Provide an overview of the Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) specific to Non-Therapy Ancillary (NTA). (7:40)
- Identify MDS item sets and ICD-10 CM codes used to determine the resident’s NTA comorbidity score. (12:45)
- Discuss strategies to develop a work plan to getting systems ready and in place to support NTA documentation. (36:42)
Presenter: Paola DiNatale, MSN, RN, NHA, Senior Healthcare Specialist, PointRight
NOTE: CEU credits are provided for live sessions only. On-demand, recorded sessions are provided for educational benefit and do not offer CEU certification.
PointRight Free PDPM Education Series
- Session 1: PDPM – The Basics
- Session 2: Non Therapy Ancillaries (NTA) – Understanding the Facts (You Are Here)
- Session 3: ICD-10 Codes and the Drivers of PDPM
- Session 4: Understanding the Section GG ADL Function Scores
- Session 5: PDPM: Financial Moving Parts
- Session 6: The Phase 3 Requirements of Participation and PDPM – Are You Ready?
- Session 7: PDPM: The Home Stretch