Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM): The Basics
September 13, 2018
On July 29, 2018, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) FY 2019 Final Rule. Within this rule, the new Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM) for Medicare Part A skilled services was confirmed to be implemented October 1, 2019. This much-anticipated announcement represents a seismic change in the way SNFs are reimbursed for the skilled care they provide to Medicare beneficiaries.
This webinar is the first in our PDPM Education series and will provide an overview of the basics of PDPM. We will discuss the potential impact of this change on facilities’ care processes, and identify areas with a potential for error with recommendations for avoiding them.
- Summarize the new Patient Driven Payment Model and describe its components.
- Describe the assessment and documentation processes that drive PDPM reimbursement.
- Identify strategies for ensuring your organization’s interdisciplinary documentation is ready to support PDPM.
Presenter: Pam Kaiser, MSN, RN, Vice President, Provider Solutions, PointRight
NOTE: CEU credits are provided for live sessions only. On-demand, recorded sessions are provided for educational benefit and do not offer CEU certification.
PointRight Free PDPM Education Series
- Session 1: PDPM – The Basics (You Are Here)
- Session 2: Non Therapy Ancillaries (NTA) – Understanding the Facts
- Session 3: ICD-10 Codes and the Drivers of PDPM
- Session 4: Understanding the Section GG ADL Function Scores
- Session 5: Financial Moving Parts
- Session 6: The Phase 3 Requirements of Participation and PDPM – Are You Ready?
- Session 7: The Home Stretch (Registration open – live broadcast September 5)