PDPM: The Home Stretch
It is almost here; we have rounded the last turn and are heading for the finish line! Join us for a review of some frequently asked questions about the Patient-Driven Payment Model, with operational tips and tactics around managing through PDPM changes. We will discuss the finer points of PDPM success, including Assessment Reference Date (ARD) selection, the October 1 switch over, the new Health Insurance Prospective Payment System (HIPPS) codes for Medicare billing, and more. Don’t get caught in the starting gate…plan ahead to finish strong!
PDPM Learning Objectives (Recording Timestamps):
- State the CMS requirements for the MDS during the change over on October 1st, 2019. (4:25)
- Summarize how Health Insurance Prospective Payment System (HIPPS) codes are determined.(11:50)
- Illustrate two considerations for selecting Assessment Reference Dates under PDPM. (41:00)
Jennifer Gross, BSN, RN-BC, RAC-CT, CPHIMS, Senior Healthcare Specialist, PointRight
NOTE: CEU credits are provided for live sessions only. On-demand, recorded sessions are provided for educational benefit and do not offer CEU certification.
PointRight Free PDPM Education Series
- Session 1: PDPM – The Basics
- Session 2: Non Therapy Ancillaries (NTA) – Understanding the Facts
- Session 3: ICD-10 Codes and the Drivers of PDPM
- Session 4: Understanding the Section GG ADL Function Scores
- Session 5: PDPM: Financial Moving Parts
- Session 6: The Phase 3 Requirements of Participation and PDPM – Are You Ready?
- Session 7: PDPM: The Home Stretch (You Are Here)