QIPP for the State of Texas
Manage QIPP Quality Metrics to Achieve Optimal Incentive Payment
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Quality Incentive Payment Program (QIPP) encourages skilled nursing facilities to improve the quality and innovation of their services. Participating QIPP facilities receive payments either by demonstrating improvement over their baseline on quality metrics or by exceeding national benchmarks. PointRight’s QIPP solution allows you to actively manage Quality Measure (QM) performance to achieve payment targets.
Our QIPP solution includes payment analysis with component payments, improvement over baseline, and progress toward benchmarks; quality measure analysis with drilldowns to the resident level, program and eligibility information, and configuration features with the ability to change preset values for baseline quality metric rates and incentive payment dollars available.
PointRight’s QIPP solution enables you to:
- Eliminate manual data aggregation and analysis
- Execute data-driven quality assurance and performance improvement (QAPI)
- Identify and address issues to effect change more quickly
- Achieve better outcomes with a highly-intuitive user experience and work flow
Our role-based solution offers a highly-visual, intuitive experience with embedded contextual information and the ability to export data. Key features include:
- Payment projections for the current quarter
- Lapsed funds analysis so you know what money was left on the table
- Real-time QMs ensure that you have the most current data for your analysis
Participating QIPP facilities receive payments either by demonstrating improvement over their baseline on quality metrics or by exceeding national benchmarks. Nursing Facilities receive QIPP payments only from the Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) in their service area, so facilities must be contracted with all the MCOs in their service area. Payments are based on quality metric performance (MDS-based QMs).