PDPM: ICD-10 Codes and the Drivers of PDPM
November 27, 2018
This session is the third in our PDPM Education series and is intended to provide insight and information on the new Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Medicare reimbursement methodology (PDPM) that will go into effect October 2019 (Fiscal Year 2020).
- Outline the details of the Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) Clinical Categories that are impacted by diagnoses.
- Identify Minimum Data Set (MDS) items and ICD-10 codes used to determine the resident’s clinical categories.
- Apply strategies to develop systems for accurate diagnosis coding.
Presenter: Jennifer Gross, BSN, RN-BC, RAC-CT, CPHIMS, Senior Healthcare Specialist, PointRight
NOTE: CEU credits are provided for live sessions only. On-demand, recorded sessions are provided for educational benefit and do not offer CEU certification.
PointRight Free PDPM Education Series
- Session 1: PDPM – The Basics
- Session 2: Non Therapy Ancillaries (NTA) – Understanding the Facts
- Session 3: ICD-10 Codes and the Drivers of PDPM (You Are Here)
- Session 4: Understanding the Section GG ADL Function Scores
- Session 5: Financial Moving Parts
- Session 6: The Phase 3 Requirements of Participation and PDPM – Are You Ready?
- Session 7: The Home Stretch (Registration open – live broadcast September 5)