Ensure Consistent MDS Data Quality and Get the Revenue You Deserve
Facilities that use DIA consistently have 12% fewer total health survey deficiencies on average than non-DIA users.
Data Integrity Audit (DIA) goes far beyond data “scrubbers” or basic MDS data validation checks. DIA audits each MDS for accuracy before submission to CMS and provides feedback from clinical, regulatory, financial, and risk management perspectives.
See our Data Integrity Audit in action
Our users recover on average $3.87 in Medicare Part A per diem reimbursement. Discover why 8 out of 10 PointRight users rate us highly for Usability and Product Features.
Each MDS is checked for logical and clinical coding accuracy with recommended actions when inaccurate, incomplete, or inconsistent information is identified. DIA views each assessment the same way a surveyor or government auditor would and provides immediate feedback to resolve identified issues.
DIA enables you to:
- Achieve accurate reimbursement and perform revenue analysis within the PDPM environment.
- Improve accuracy of quality measures, achieve better interdisciplinary care planning process, and perform data-driven quality assurance and performance improvement (QAPI).
- Form the basis of your clinical quality of care and reimbursement compliance auditing and monitoring plan.
Real-Time Feedback & Accurate Assessments
- Ease of Use and Accuracy: With over 500 tests for MDS coding accuracy and clinical and logical consistency, DIA provides feedback in real-time within your existing MDS workflow. Integrated within your EHR’s MDS module, real-time feedback identifies coding errors and inconsistencies within seconds and allows the user to document a resolution.
- Helpful Alerts: reimbursement and quality measure alerts help ensure that any coding errors are corrected before the assessment is submitted to CMS so they do not affect outcomes in these areas.
- Reporting: Online reports analyze MDS outcomes monthly with trending of performance over time.
- Training and Clinical Expertise: Free initial training, as well as on-demand training videos for new staff and online access to PointRight senior-level clinical team via the “Ask a Question” feature embedded within the application.
PDPM: Looking Back, Transforming Tomorrow
The transition to the patient driven payment model (PDPM) over the last two years has not been without its challenges. COVID-19 shifted SNFs’ priorities away from the PDPM transition during year one to an all-hands-on deck approach to prevent the spread of the virus. Year two continued to bring fresh challenges, including the ongoing pandemic…Read More
3 Ways to Stop Losing on MDS Assessments
Back in 2019, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) rolled out the Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) with the goal of better aligning payment rates with the costs of care by taking a value-based approach to reimbursement.1 And since reimbursement is now primarily based on the medical complexity of the patient, it’s imperative…Read More
“DIA has been very helpful identifying opportunities for improvement with specific MDS sections. It is so helpful to know which QMs will be triggering prior to transmission to CMS. This provides us with an opportunity to review coding to ensure accuracy.”